SaltSystem Gold & Platinum Refining System
Note: The SaltSystem is best suited for solid metal. For computer parts and other e-scrap, we recommend the Aqua Regia Gold Refining System.
To be blunt, if you don't already have one, you either weren't aware of its existence or you've made a costly mistake by not buying one before. It's that simple.
There is nothing in your shop that you can't refine yourself (though things like polishing sweeps do require some preprocessing).
How does it work?
- Using a battery charger or rectifier and the SaltSystem, your scrap gold and/or platinum is stripped (dissolved) into a special salt-water bath.
- Add a powder which turns the gold, but not the other metals, back into solid form. While the pure gold drops to the bottom as small particles, the other metals remain dissolved.
- Pour off the water, and then rise, dry, and melt the resulting fine gold particles.
The result is gold of 99.95% purity with losses of metal left dissolved in the wastewater of less than .01 dwt. If desired, the other metals can be removed from the water by the addition of aluminum foil. A molecular sieve plate prevents the metal from plating out of the water.
Platinum group metals are refined in a similar but slightly different method. The platinum refining process is detailed toward the end of the training video embedded below. Using the aqua regia method, it is difficult to effectively separate one platinum group metal from another because the precipitants tend to precipitate small amounts of more than one pgm at a time. With the SaltSystem, typical purity of each pgm is 99.99%+, even rhodium!
100% gold recovery.
This system includes a very simple-to-use test kit that will detect as little as four parts of gold per million parts of solution, ensuring that no dissolved gold is lost.
Even if you have no prior experience refining, the metals yielded by the Simplicity is always of 99.95% or greater purity.
Safe + Odorless.
No acids, harmful fumes, or toxic chemicals. Owed in part to our new Quadratic Precipitant, the SaltSystem refining process is safe to use.
Easy to use.
Requires no experience. Comes with both video and written instructions. We provide world-class phone and digital tech support for all of our products (even if you don't buy them from us!)
Refines any karat of gold (even mixed karats), bench sweeps, polishing sweeps, ultrasonic sludge, and more. Refines platinum too.
Stones are safe.
The SaltSystem automatically dismounts stones from jewelry with no damage to stones (even very soft stones) with no extra labor.
5 ounce capacity. Requires only about 30-45 minutes of labor, and a running time of about 1 ounce per hour.
We guarantee it.
When you buy the SaltSystem, you receive a lifetime warranty, and if you don't love it, we back it with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Silver Refining Systems and Equipment
- Refining Filters and Filtration Systems
- Gold & Platinum Refining by the Salt Water Method
- Gold & Platinum Refining by the Acid Method
- How do I refine precious metal?
- Recovery from Washout
- Recovery from Cyanide Solutions
- Aqua Regia Refining Parts & Accessories
- View All