- Graduated by minutes.$31.00
Say goodbye to hydrofluoric acid forever!
Safe-D-Vest is a much safer alternative, requires no license to use and is about half the cost of hydrofluoric. Works on both platinum investment and gold investment.
Safe-D-Vest features include:
Much safer than hydrofluoric acid
Perfect for use in ultrasonics.
Odors are mild, and fumeless when used in the ultrasonic.
Half the cost of hydrofluoric
Requires only 15-20 minutes to work
Solid crystalline form. No need to worry about spills
Comes with written instructions. Safe-D-Vest Instructions are also available online.$14.95 to $249.95
- 50 lb drum. An excellent invest at a good price. Can be UPS shipped. No minimum order required.$85.05
The world\'s best investment for gold casting. Structural integrity, defect free castings and satin smooth finishes are achieved with Kerr\'s exclusive scientific grade formula manufactured with \"extra fine grain, zero mineralized\" cristobalite powder. SatinCast 20 satisfies the most critical caster demanding exacting tolerances. Sensitive laboratory components, aerospace parts and jewelry findings are cast with dimensional accuracy, fine details and consistency time after time.
SatinCast 20 features include:
- Easy quench formula breaks mold away easily in cold water
- Fin free castings
- no water making
- Lowest thermal shock
- Highest permeability
- Highest mold strength
- Fastest 5 hour burnout
- Highly refined powder accelerates productivity
- Smooth, creamy consistency
- Produces a satin smooth finish
- Produces extra dense castings
- Highest cubic feet per minute vacuum during the casting process
- Designed with custom wetting agents eliminating nodules and surface tension
- Work time @ water 72°F 9-10 minutes
- Flask set time 11-12 minutes
- Casts metal under 2000° F
Xtreme is designed for high temperature casting,like 18K white (up to 2000$36.95 to $93.95
- 100 lb. square drum
SuperVest 20 features include:
- Thick slurry
- Foundry usage
- Commercial caster usage
- Ideal for industrial parts, class rings, figurines
- Casts metal under 2000° F
- The world's best platinum investment, at any price! Delivering consistent,excellent results every time. Much more permeable than standard platinum investment. Breaks out much easier too.
Platinite PT features include:
- Highest permeability of all platinum investments
- Easiest breakout (divesting) of all platinum investments
- Sharp detail
- Forms strong mold
- Dimensional accuracy
- Satin smooth surfaces
- Easy quench formula
- Prevents cracking and fissuring
- Delivers a smooth surface finish
Used in the process of making metal molds.
Rapid Stone features include:
- Produces detailed artifacts
- Quick set (1 hour)
Why use metal molds? Metal molds give a sharpness of detail that is absolutely impossible to achieve with rubber molds (even when the rubber molds are injected by a vacuum wax injector). In addition, if you are thinking of upgrading to plastic injection, only metal molds can be used. Metal molds are most commonly used for detailed charms, class rings, and wherever razor sharp detail and consistent weight are desirable. Mold to the right is an example of a multi-piece metal mold made over 50 years ago with an old fashioned cylindrical mold frame. Although used for many years, this mold is still as perfect as it was when it was first made.
The following items are required to make metal molds.
The heart of the system (other than the instructions, is the Lok-Blok Mold Frame. This frame can also be used for making excellent rubber molds with no packing. Please note that you may already have many of these items or may wish to purchase some of them (like the lacquer and remover) locally.
.$8.00 to $29.95
- Accurate, yet economical. Scale weighs in 2 ounce increments. Easy to read red and black numerals on 4" dial indicate weight as well as water/investment ratios. Includes scoop$29.50
- Dial shows proper water/investment ratios.$93.45
- Large pan.$32.00
- $10.00 to $24.50
- $3.70 to $20.50