Crucibles, Stirring Rods, Melting Fluxes, Tongs
- Their protective heat holding covers make them efficient for melting with a torch. An excellent choice when melting bench sweeps or gold in powder form. For use with Burno Tongs. 100 dwt. capacity.
- Controls oxidation during the melting process by forming a glass that both covers the metal and causes metal oxides to stick to it. 16 ounces.
- Good deoxidizer. Can be mixed with borax or used alone. When using with pure graphite crucibles, should be used sparingly. 16 ounces.
- Gives old scrap gold new luster. Used during the melting process when casting to revitalize old scrap yellow gold. There's no flux needed and it helps eliminate porosity due to oxidation. One bottle makes 2 oz, which will cast approximately 800 dwt. of gold.
- Add Re-Cast-It when casting old or scrap gold to achieve a bright yellow, porosity free casting. Increases fluidity of old metal, while eliminating reddish surface discoloration. One jar casts approximately 800 dwt. of gold.
- For holding crucibles as well as picking up hot objects. 19" long.
- For picking up crucibles and 1-1/2" diameter flasks. 19" long.
- For Burno crucibles. 10-1/2" long.
- For lifting small and large flasks to and from oven. 15" long.
- For perforated flasks only! Pins engage holes in perforated flasks, making for more secure holding. 15" long.
- With serrated tips. 9" length.