Using the PennyPen
Caution: Make sure the article you are plating is clean and free of grease or dirt or you will contaminate the pen tip. When doing any kind of plating, even a small, invisible amount of dirt or grease can cause problems.
Before You Begin Plating
- Touch the alligator clip of the pen to the metal wire that is extends out from the light on the bottom of the pen.
- When the light appears dim or is completely off, it is time to properly dispose of this pen and replace it.
- If the PennyPen is used when this light is dim or off, you may cause the plating to be darkened or “burned”. Please note that this light will not light up when the PennyPen is used, only when the wire is touched by the alligator clip.
- Soak the fiber pen tip in your plating solution for approximately 5 minutes.
- Make sure that the item you are plating is thoroughly clean, with no soap or other residues on it.
- Attach the alligator clip to the item you wish to plate.
- Touch the item you wish to plate with the wet pen tip and gently brush the pen tip back and forth. Repeat this step, dipping the pen tip in plating solution as necessary.