Stone Ring Stretcher Instructions
This machine is especially designed for enlargement of rings that have stone set in them, for example- signet rings, diamond engagement dings, etc. It can also be used effectively on regular round type wedding bands. If used properly, there is minimal risk of breakage or distortion of the ring.
- Place the ring to be enlarged over the fixed wheel. Space is made for the ring to fit over this wheel by turning the handle.
- Select the proper rolling disc to match the ring. The selection is made according to die width and outer roundness of the ring.
- Insert this disc into the handle portion of the machine by first removing the round peg going through the cogged wheel. The peg is then inserted back through the wheel, locking the wheel and the cogged wheel together.
- Slowly turn the handle so that this disc is brought to bear on the back of ring, which is on the outside disc. Do not apply too much pressure.
- Proceed to move the handle slowly backwards and forwards, providing a rolling motion on the shank of the ring. While performing this rolling motion, increase the pressure against the back of the ring by slowly turning the handle.
- Continue in this manner, applying a uniform amount of pressure. Too much pressure will cause distortion of the ring.
- Remove ring frequently to measure, checking to see if proper amount of enlargement has been reached.