You have no items in your shopping cart.
Lok-Blok Mold Frames Instructions
For Simple, Flat Pieces
- Peel off the protective paper from the inside of one half of the Lok-Blok rubber mold (the side with the locks) and place that half in the assembled mold frame with the exposed rubber (the side with the locks) facing up.
- Place the model in the desired position on the exposed rubber.
- Peel off the protective paper from the inside of the other half of the Lok-Blok rubber and place it on top of the first half in the frame. Make sure that the Lok-Blok's locks fit together.
- Place the plunger on top of the rubber inside the mold frame.
- Put the frame into your vulcanizer and vulcanize at 3070° F / 1520° C.
- Vulcanize as required (3/4" or 19 mm = 45 minutes, 1" or 25 mm = 60 minutes, 1 1/4" or 32 mm = 75 minutes).
- When finished, remove the mold frame from the vulcanizer and plunge it into cold water for 10 seconds. Loosen the nuts and remove the mold from the frame.
- Run your fingernail, screwdriver tip or similar object around the seam between the top and bottom halves, starting from the sprue hole. This works best when the mold is hot but can also be done after the mold has cooled.
Do not press the plunger completely level with the top of the mold frame.
Do not continue to tighten vulcanizer during vulcanization.
For Three-Dimensional Pieces
- Proceed as you would will a flat model, removing the paper from the inside of the rubber mold and placing the model in between the two halves. Lightly squeeze the two halves together.
- Open the mold and remove the model. You will notice an impression created by the model in both halves of the mold.
- With a sharp knife, cut slits in the top and bottom halves along the impression lines. These slits will allow you to easily accommodate your model in the rubber.
- Replace the model in the rubber mold. Place the mold in the mold frame. Place the mold frame in the vulcanizer and vulcanize.