Equipment and supplies required
- 1 pound CBX powder
- 1-gallon water
- Rubber gloves and eye protection
- Filter funnel and filter paper
- Glass container
It is important to note that extraneous material on your boards, like steel and other circuits, will significantly shorten the life of the CBX solution. Therefore, it is wise to cut off, using a band saw or similar device, all non-gold bearing material prior to immersion in the CBX solution.
- Dilute 1 bottle CBX circuit board stripping solution with water to make 1 gallon of solution.
- Soak your boards in solution for 6 8 hours.
- Wearing gloves, remove boards and rinse off and recover the wrinkled gold flakes that have now loosened from the boards.
- Filter the liquid to recover the flakes.
- Dry and melt the flakes and then refine with either the Shor Simplicity Refining System or the Shor Subzero Refining System
Be sure to wear rubber gloves and eye protection because when working with this solution because it's about 4 times stronger than lemon juice, which is pretty acidic.
An excellent filtration material for this purpose is silk screening.
|Circuit Contacts with Gold "Fingers" Removed by Soaking in CBX Solution||Gold and Circuit Board Debris in Corner of Visionware™ Pot||Close-up of Removed Circuit Board Gold and Debris in Visionware™ Pot|