Already know what items you want to order? Enter the SKUs and quantities of the items you wish to order in the form below to add them to your cart.
Electric Melting Furnaces
Kerr ElectroMelt Furnaces
The world's workhorse for melting metals. Designed to be hand-held for easy pouring directly to the flask. Also used for reclaiming, alloying and refining metals.
Features found on all Kerr ElectroMelt furnaces:
- Safety lid switch
- Built in pyrometer
- Graphite crucible
- Graphite stirring rod
- Extended life heating element (life expectancy: at 1800° F is 500 hours or about 1000 melts / at 2000° F is 30 hours or 60 melts)
- Available in 120 V and 220 V
Have an older machine?
Elements for the older machines are no longer available and unfortunately the new elements do not fit the older machines. We're doing something about that, however:
With the return of an older machine, Shor will exchange it with a brand new machine, fitted with new elements, for only $645 for the 1 kg. unit and $855 for the 3 kg. unit. That’s about a third off the retail price of a new machine.
These digitally controlled Automatic ElectroMelts are recommended when sustained high temperature use is required. The fuzzy logic electronic controller regulates the temperature by providing full power input to the furnace until a preselected temperature is attained
$995.95 to $1,295.95
- LED display panel
- Worry free operation
- Reduces metal temperature overshoot
- Holds temperature to a +/- 5°F
- Maximum temperature 2,050° F
- Electronics protect the element from overheating
- 11.3 amps
- Genuine Kerr crucibles provide extended life for optimum performance and durability. Kerr brand crucibles provide maximum resistance to oxidation while metal is being melted. To avoid contamination use a separate crucible for each type of metal used. Quality: Performance Plus$31.95 to $55.95
Kerr long life heating elements can be easily replaced in both the Standard and Maxi ElectroMelt furnaces. Auto is 30oz.$341.95 to $408.95
Specially designed and constructed for melting metals for casting and alloying.
2012$1,090.00 to $1,415.00
- $34.05 to $85.20
- $380.00 to $754.35